Template Builder

New features or any feature you wish to change in TODCM. This is the place where you can help us to improve TODCM! This is for high-level curriculum mapping discussions, code-level discussions belong to the developers forum.

Template Builder

Postby solishu » October 10th, 2012, 3:25 pm

It would be great if TODCM could include some simpler software for end-users and local admins to create templates. Even if there were "template tags" or "functions" like Wordpress uses to simplify php generation, this would be a big help.

For example, in our template we would like for there to be a space we can link a unit to our school's Core Values and Expected Student Learning Results, but I don't have the expertise to begin to set that up. Perhaps that's part of the "value added" that having a hosted solution provides. but it would be nice if we could do this ourselves.
solishu

Re: Template Builder

Postby David Tong » October 11th, 2012, 4:02 am

Yes, I have been thinking about the same thing for 2 years already. I have thought about the design and user interface, it would be very similar to how Moodle allows a teacher to construct a course from scratch. Our current template system is template based and fully encapsulated so the builder would be just building a new template. This would be a killer feature...

This will happen but it is a large and complex feature that will take 1-2 years to develop with the proper resources. This will also affect the mapping searches, we would probably need a complex report builder too.

You can look inside the "templates" directory for the UbD template which is a file with a large PHP array, this is where you can modify the unit template.

We can usually finish a customized template in a day or 2. All our customers' customized templates are stored in our source code repository and are maintained to be compatible with all future versions.
David Tong - TODCM Founder.
http://todcm.org - TODCM open source project site.
http://www.tillersoft.net - Operator and maintainer of the TODCM project.
David Tong
TODCM Team

Return to Wishlist