Problem accessing config etc.

Installation, OS related topics. Topics for installation issues and operating system issues related to TODCM.

Problem accessing config etc.

Postby rogerbooth » November 15th, 2011, 3:57 am

I have installed version 1.1.1.0 on a Mac OSX Lion (PHP Version 5.3.6, MySQL Version 5.0.8) and it works except that I get an error message (An error has occurred while accessing the server) when I try from Admin to access Config, Category, Template, Grade and School. Everything else works OK.

Below is a copy of the error log with error logging set to 1.

Thanks,
Roger Booth.

ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:31 --> Severity: Warning --> include(/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:31 --> Severity: Warning --> include(): Failed opening '/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:31 --> Severity: Notice --> unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 206 bytes /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/libraries/Session.php 749
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:31 --> Severity: Warning --> include(/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:31 --> Severity: Warning --> include(): Failed opening '/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:36 --> Severity: Warning --> include(/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:36 --> Severity: Warning --> include(): Failed opening '/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:36 --> Severity: Warning --> include(/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:36 --> Severity: Warning --> include(): Failed opening '/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:38 --> Severity: Warning --> include(/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:38 --> Severity: Warning --> include(): Failed opening '/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:43 --> Severity: Warning --> include(/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
ERROR - 2011-11-15 16:50:43 --> Severity: Warning --> include(): Failed opening '/Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/todcm_data/config/config_override_todcm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') /Library/WebServer/Documents/todcm/system/application/config/cms.php 205
rogerbooth

Re: Problem accessing config etc.

Postby David Tong » November 15th, 2011, 5:51 am

Hi Roger,

Thanks for posting the log file. It looks like the error comes from the CodeIgniter MVC system, the line with the unserialize() error. CodeIgniter is the MVC framework we use for TODCM, it is an open source project from http://codeigniter.com. This is a Mac only problem and here are my initial thoughts on what can be the cause:

1) The current CodeIgniter bundled with TODCM is an older version and we just started upgrading to the newest version of CodeIgniter this week. But this is not scheduled to be released to the public in the next couple months. If the upgrade can fix the problem then we will have to make a patch release ASAP.

2) We have only tested on the Mac OSX Snow Leopard with PHP 5.2.x. We will try to duplicate the problem with PHP 5.3.x on Snow Leopard. I am almost certain the problem is specific to OSX Lion and/or PHP 5.3.x.

Once we are done upgrading CodeIgniter this week, I will send you a TODCM package with upgraded CodeIgnitor to see if that fixes the problem.

If #1 does not work and we can't duplicate the problem with #2 then I will need access to someone's Snow Leopard machine or upgrade our Mac to OSX Lion.

FYI, we develop the software with Windows 7 desktops and do most of our testing on a Linux CentOS server.
David Tong - TODCM Founder.
http://todcm.org - TODCM open source project site.
http://www.tillersoft.net - Operator and maintainer of the TODCM project.
David Tong
TODCM Team

Postby David Tong » November 15th, 2011, 6:08 am

The fastest way for us to evaluate this problem is to get temporary access to your Mac server if it is OK with you. We use Secure Shell (SSH) to access remote Mac servers. I know you are in a university environment and your network settings might not allow remote access from outside. I know this is mostly not possible but it doesn't hurt to ask.
David Tong
TODCM Team

Postby rogerbooth » November 15th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Thanks David. I use my Mac OS X Lion machine for development and testing but use a Linux CentOS system for production so I'll try installing TODCM on that and see if I can access everything that way.
rogerbooth

Postby David Tong » November 16th, 2011, 4:49 am

Using CentOS should get rid of the problem but please let me know if it doesn't. FYI, last time I looked at CentOS a year ago, the bundled PHP version was still 5.1.x and TODCM needs at least 5.2.1 to run. If you have PHP 5.1 on your CentOS server then you will need to get 5.2 from somewhere or do a custom compile of 5.2 or 5.3 for CentOS. I am very familiar with the PHP compile on Linux so let me know if you need a hand.

I will put in an issue to our bug database for the Mac OS X Lion and I will look into duplicating the problem when we are done with the current development work for the next TODCM release.
David Tong
TODCM Team

Return to System Admin