Login Encryption Problem

TODCM administration related topics. Topics for administrating & maintaining a TODCM site, data imports etc.

Login Encryption Problem

Postby james » August 27th, 2011, 9:06 am

Hi,
I have lost access to TODCM because none of my passwords work any longer through the login interface.
As far as I know the config file with the password and encryption keys is OK (the last alteration of the file was shown as before the problem started).
I have direct access to the database through phpmyadmin.
How can I gain normal access to my data without reinitializing everything.
Thanks
James
james

Re: Login Encryption Problem

Postby David Tong » August 27th, 2011, 11:07 am

Hi James,

This is really strange and I have never seen it happen before. Did you get any error message like "Invalid username or password" etc. from the login page?

You can set a magic password to allow you to login as any user including the admin user. In config.php change the following line:

$config['cms_magic_password'] = false;

to

$config['cms_magic_password'] = '81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055';

The magic password is now set as "1234" without the quotes. Once you are in the site using the magic password, you should double check the user accounts and make sure they are using the right authentication like local or ldap and reset the passwords for the local accounts. Please make sure to disable the magic password by setting it to false after you are done. The magic password is just a plain MD5 value and you are welcome to set it to something impossible to crack and keep it inside config.php.
David Tong - TODCM Founder.
http://todcm.org - TODCM open source project site.
http://www.tillersoft.net - Operator and maintainer of the TODCM project.
David Tong
TODCM Team

Re: Login Encryption Problem

Postby james » August 28th, 2011, 7:38 am

Hi,
Thanks, the magic password worked and I was able to change the passwords to what they already were and login normally.
I also have no idea why it did this.
James
james

Return to Application Admin